Back in My Day, the Internet Was Usable!

I was just trying to use the Sports Illustrated Golf page, and on my laptop, I can't even fit 80% of one of their video windows on my screen, since they have taken up about a quarter of my screen with four (!) unwanted, unnecessary toolbars (in addition to the browser's toolbars) that apparently can't be dismissed, and won't scroll (they are pinned at the top of the page).

In the good old days, you just got a page of text, without 20 things popping up, buzzing, playing music, covering the text, monitoring your tastes...

And get off of my lawn!

Comments

  1. I find AdBlock useful for dealing with sites' floating navbars. It allows you to block any item on the page--it doesn't know or care whether that header is really an "ad".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness