I Love Listening to Tinny, Distorted Versions of Dance Songs All Day

And I'm so glad I get so many opportunities to do so while riding public transportation, since others generously turn up their MP3 players to the point that their music is audible from eight seats away.

The funny thing is, if they just had a boom box and were simply playing the music, I would find it less bothersome. It is "listening" to music that is just on the edge of being truly heard, loud enough that it rises above the level of background noise, but not loud enough to be enjoyed as music, that drives me nuts. I want   it turned down or up, the same way you might want someone you're dating casually to either commit or stop seeing you: just don't leave me neither here nor there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness