I Wouldn't Be Any Worse Than That

When I'm in a karaoke bar, I usually don't get the courage to go up there until someone really awful goes. Then I don't feel as if I'm wasting the crowd's time.

As I was reflecting on this, I realized that this is my approach to life in general. I have done a lot of stuff in the last few years (take care of an infant, buy a house, start a business, forecast interest rates) that would have terrified my 20-year-old self.

And how did I overcome that feeling of inadequacy? It's certainly not that I got more competent (though I did). It's rather that I realized all the other people currently doing those things, don't know what the h*ll they're doing either.

Comments

  1. Bob, I'm glad to have been an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness