Don McLean's "Vincent"

Most people just know his "American Pie" song (no, not the soundtrack to the sophomoric movie, but rather the really really long one about driving a Chevy to the levy), but I think "Vincent" is far cooler. (It is a tribute to Van Gogh.) Check out these lyrics:

Now I understand
what you tried to say to me,
and how you suffered for your sanity
and how you tried to set them free.
They would not listen
they did not know how.
Perhaps they'll listen now.
For they could not love you
but still your love was true.
And when no hope was left in sight
on that starry starry night,
you took your life as lovers often do.
But I could've told you, Vincent,
this world was never meant
for one as beautiful as you.

Comments

  1. Bob, are you trying to come out of the closet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:50 AM

    I can't quit you, man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob, are you trying to come out of the closet?

    That's a loaded question, like "When did you stop beating your wife?" So, umm, no I'm not trying to come out of the closet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous said:

    I can't quit you, man!

    I know! Then again, roses are superfluous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:59 PM

    The best thing to do is to stay in the closet. If you have immoral desires, it's okay, just as long as you don't act on them.

    Do you like Kenny G?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When did you stop beating your wife? (And remember, Rachael Anne may read your answer.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous:

    The only Kenny G I like is his "duet" with Sinatra; I think he plays the intro to "All the Way" and then Sinatra goes into "One for My Baby" (or whatever the title of that song is).

    Gene: Rachael beats me in Scrabble all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:36 AM

    Great article! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6:48 AM

    Thanks for interesting article.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:48 AM

    Nice Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous7:40 AM

    Thank You! Very interesting article. Do you can write anything else about it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous5:48 AM

    Very interesting site. Blog is very good. I am happy that I think the same!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous8:03 PM

    Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness